North West Learning Partnership (lead for NW Maths Hub 3), formally St Helen’s TSA, would like to offer all schools the chance to attend the following English courses in autumn 2019.
- Why and How Do We Use Dialogue? Starting on: Wednesday 18th September
- Reciprocal Reading– Wednesday 25th September 2019
- Using High Quality Texts to Teach the Trickiest Aspects of Grammar and to Write for a range of Purposes (and Audiences) ALL year group training available Starting on: Thursday 26th September
- Embedding a Culture of Talk – Oracy in the Classroom – Thursday 3rd October
- Teaching assistant training: Nailing Grammar Staring on: Thursday 3rd October
- What is GDPS in Reading and Writing? Starting on: Tuesday 12th November
- Effective Questioning in Guided Reading Staring on: Friday 22nd November (including a ‘LIVE’ guided reading session)
- Scoffolding, Supporting and Challenging in Writing Starting on: Tuesday 26th November
- Moderation of Writing Years 2 and 6 Teachers (PART 1, follow up in spring 2020) Starting on: Thursday 12th December 2019
In addition to:
Excellent English Teacher Programme– starting on: Thursday 19th September
English Subject Leaders termly network– Guest speaker: Shakespeare for Schools Company Focus on: Use of Drama plus National updates- Wednesday 23rd October 2019
All sessions include FREE resources and refreshments.
For further information please see the brochure: St Helens TSA CPD Brochure 2019-20
For additional information on all training being offered please don’t hesitate in contacting myself.
We look forward to working with you in 2019-20.