The North West Learning Partnership would like to offer all Art Subject leaders/SLT members the opportunity to take part in the following training session:
Unpicking the Art curriculum and developing a meaningful curriculum for your school
- What does progression through Art look like in the National Curriculum with a focus on skills and knowledge.
- How to plan a unit of work.
- Leading Art effectively- the 3 I’s and what this means.
- Practical elements to include: developing sketchbooks, drawing & printmaking.
We are offering two dates. 15 places available for each session due to the practical nature of the training.
Dates available are:
Tuesday 24th March and then repeated on Wednesday 25th March, 9.30-3.00pm.
Please indicate which date you would prefer- thanks in advance.
Venue: Queens Park Primary school, Rivington Road, St Helen’s, WA104NQ.
Cost: £150* for the full day to include: all course materials, Light refreshments and tea/coffee.
* NWLP members receive 25% off the cost of the session.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Book now to avoid disappointment.
To book a place please contact: email@example.com
Trainer: Kerry Howarth
Alongside part-time primary teaching, Kerry has worked freelance for various arts and culture organisations such as The Wordsworth Trust, The National Trust and Cumbria Arts in Education where she worked directly with schools and practitioners on the Creative Partnerships programme. She is very passionate about teacher training and for the last 8 years she has taught an art & design module to local School Direct students and PGCE students at a local university.