Happy holidays! We hope you’re staying safe and enjoying the well earned rest.
Please see below and attached training and leadership opportunities planned for 2020-21
The North West Learning Partnership will be offering the following in the autumn term:
- Maths – Implications for maths teaching in the most important year for decades.
- English– Implications for teaching English (Reading and Writing) post 2019-2020 With a focus on the missed months, how can schools address appropriate coverage whilst ensuring that they keep up and are inline with national expectations?
- EYFS Baseline Session – NEW
- Dyslexia Awareness and Intervention Package – NEW
- HT annual conference
- Behavioural Strategies Explored – NEW
All sessions will focus on COVID recovery curriculum documentation and provide advice on how these can be implemented by leaders in schools. Delivered by experts in their field key resources will be explored.
Teacher training opportunities include:
- Maths – full programme and Subject Leader network
- English– full programme and Subject Leader network
- Science – full programme and Subject Leader network – NEW
- Computing– full programme and Subject Leader network – NEW
- EYFS leadership network
- Art CPD– NEW
- History: Enquiry and using Historical Sources CPD – NEW
- Geography: Development of mapping skills across the curriculum CPD- NEW
Other staff opportunities:
- Mental Health programme and leadership network – NEW
- Teaching Assistant training – Train the trainer programmes – NEW
- SBM network
- SEND and Inclusion training– NEW
In addition; FULL NQT programme, NPQs and School Direct training programmes including: Primary Salaried, Primary General, Primary with Maths and Secondary Maths/MFL.
For further information regarding: the blended approach (on line and face to face sessions) we have to offer and COVID compliance statement please see documents attached.
Blended approach to facilitation-
Given the circumstances we have decided to offer a blended approach to training next term.
We have taken the opportunity, where possible to move some events to online training but as you will appreciate some sessions don’t allow for the best possible learning opportunities by being ‘virtual’.
These offers will go out individually, where possible dates will not be changed to those listed in the training brochure (times will be altered slightly).
Leadership training, subject leadership networks and Excellent Maths and English Programmes will remain ‘face to face’ due to the nature of the sessions.
If you would like to secure places on any training events please contact:
Paula Foster- firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information about anything we have to offer please don’t hesitate in contacting a member of the NWLP team:
Lisa Bradshaw – Director of NWLP: email@example.com
Sarah Makin- Senior Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Carman- Strategic lead for School Direct: Kathy.email@example.com
Sarah Knowles- Clerical assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and well. Enjoy the rest of the summer break and we look forward to working with you all again soon!