Support for year groups to plan a unit of work; using the BUILD a SEQUENCE resources created by Tara Loughran.
These sessions can be used in conjunction with any national textbook and/or national schemes of work. They can be used as additional materials or as the backbone to your maths planning framework across school.
All messages are in line with the Teaching for Mastery agenda as set out by NCETM and Maths Hubs.
Target audience: New to year group, new to teaching, teachers that need a refresher or additional/new ideas to support planning.
The session will focus on:
- Designing units of work that show progression
- Look at ways to use manipulatives effectively
- Support for greater depth pupils – what do you change within a lesson to support higher attaining pupils
- Support for SEND pupils and pupils with additional needs
- Ensure staff are planning for and teaching the 3 aims of the National Curriculum, using the CPA
Year 6 – Wednesday 4th November
Year 5 – Thursday 5th November
Year 4 – Tuesday 10th November
Year 3 – Wednesday 11th November
Year 2 – Thursday 12th November
Year 1 – Tuesday 17th November
Zoom invitations will be sent to the contact on the booking.
Many thanks in advance. We look forward to seeing you ‘virtually’ after the 1/2 term break.