We have been looking at ways in which the NWLP team can continue to support teachers with remote learning in Maths. All training has been amended with this in mind.
Please see below the NWLP Maths offers for spring 2021:
The session will focus on:
- How to use models and images to create connections between multiplication and division leading to
- How to teach tables rather than just reciting them.
- To develop strategies to support remembering, retaining and using times tables facts rather than
Pm- Year 5 and 6 Teachers
- Staff will explore progression of mathematical concepts to support intervention within key topics
- Explore how making connections and repetition of key concepts can support these vulnerable pupils
- Exploring appropriate resources and strategies to secure understanding
Day 3- Thursday 22nd April- Full day ONLINE
Themes to include:
- Developing, communicating, and embedding a whole school, consistent approach to maths provision
- 3 I’s – Intent, Implement and Impact- how and why do we teach what we teach? Is it relevant? Does the maths curriculum address the needs of all learners..lots of questions considered and explored? Coverage of all content linked to the aims of the National Curriculum
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of practice, policy and procedures
- Development and implementation of practice, policy and procedures
- Supporting the messages provided to subject leaders
- National updates
Tuesday 20th April- am only- ONLINE
All sessions are delivered by Tara Loughran. Tara has extensive experience in schools, local authorities and previously for the DfE for leading improvement and change in mathematics.She has provided high quality training for the St Helens TSA (now North-West Learning Partnership) since it became a teaching school in 2013; she has inspired lots of teachers and support staff to take her ideas back to the classroom with significant impact. Her contributions to school improvement have been acknowledged in numerous Ofsted and HMI reports. Her work is steeped in improving subject knowledge, building number sense to enable fluency, to enable learners to reason and problem solve.
To book a place on any of the sessions please contact:
Sarah Makin- firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Bradshaw- email@example.com
Sessions include: all materials, planning, preparation, and delivery of the session. All materials will be sent out after the session to the email address provided at the point of booking. Zoom invites will also be sent to this address unless otherwise stated.
Have a great 1/2 term break when it arrives. Take care and stay safe. We look forward to hearing from you soon.